The Muslim Association of Bolingbrook (MAB) is Hiring!
MAB Imam – Masjid al-Jumu’ah
Muslim Association of Bolingbrook
Muslim Association of Bolingbrook (MAB) is a not-for-profit religious organization 501(c)(3) incorporated in the state of Illinois, established in the early 1990s with the mission of serving the communities in and around the Bolingbrook area. Both Masjid Al-Islam and Masjid Al-Jumu’ah in Bolingbrook are managed by the Muslim Association of Bolingbrook.
MAB is seeking an Imam to lead the community in prayers, offer educational programs for brothers and sisters, and represent the masjid in the broader Muslim and non-Muslim community. The Imam will work under the guidance of the Religious Committee and/or MAB Board. The Imam will be primarily responsible for services at Masjid al-Jumu’ah.
This is a full-time role with distributed hours. Flexibility, when needed, can be set in good faith and coordination with the MAB Board.
- Lead daily (jahri), Eid, and janaza prayers
- Conduct regular educational programs, including short reminders after prayers and weekly tafsir (or similar) sessions
- Deliver at least three (3) khutbahs per month and manage the khateeb schedule
- Conduct nikah at the masjid and assist with hospital visits
- Lead Taraweeh prayers and programs for mu’takifeen in Ramadan
- Represent the masjid in interfaith, civic, MSA, and other events
- Recruit and lead volunteers to plan and execute general community programs, as well as liaise with the Youth Director for social media advertising
- Create an annual programs strategy working with the MAI Imam and Youth Director
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the maktab program
- Supervise hifz program
- Help in fundraising as needed.
- Deliver lectures for the weekend school as needed
- Graduate from a recognized traditional Islamic institute (Ahle-Sunnat Wal Jamaat)
- Hafiz with tajwid and confidence in leading Taraweeh
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Skilled in delivering talks and leading prayers
- Proven leadership in leading a diverse community
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Competitive compensation with bonus, fringe benefits such as housing and health insurance allowances
- Three (3) weeks paid time off, in addition to three (3) days for each Eid
- For out-of-state candidates, a relocation allowance will be offered